Listen! Can you hear a howler monkey screeching and insects buzzing?
Look! Do you see a sloth hanging from a tree and a jaguar crouching, ready to pounce?
Smell! Is that the aroma of tropical flowers wafting through the air?
Touch! Do you feel soft grass under your feet and gentle rain on your skin?
Taste! Is that delicious milk from a coconut and exotic spices from the rainforest?
Join us June 19–23, 9am–Noon or 6–9pm, in a world of wonder that will delight our senses while captivating our hearts and minds at The Great Jungle Journey: An Epic Cruise from Genesis to Revelation.
We’ll cruise through jungle rivers, making stops at seven ports of call along the way, each starting with a C. These represent seven key biblical events in time—seven C’s of history.
- Day 1: Creation — Our first C takes us back to the beginning of time and the creation of the universe when it was all good. Did the universe start with a big bang, or did God create it?
- Day 2: Corruption and Catastrophe— Next, we see sin entering the world and affecting everyone, getting to such a point that God sends a global flood.
- Day 3: Confusion — The fourth C checks out the world-altering events that began at the tower of Babel. Can this be where all the people groups originated from?
- Day 4: Christ and the Cross— At these stops, we realize once again that man is sinful and needs a Savior. Hallelujah, God provides one in his Son!
- Day 5: Consummation — The last C shows the thrilling conclusion to history when all goes back to very good again, and—best news ever—God wins against sin and Satan.
Excitement and adventure await from the first minute of each day when kids meet in travel groups. The groups gather at the Jungle Jam Assembly, a high-energy beginning that includes wacky intros, lively songs, a missions moment, and prayer.
Then they’re off to rotate through five fun sites:
- Rain or Shine Bible Time, where God’s Word is taught in creative, hands-on ways.
- Tree-mendous Science and Crafts, where kids make jazzy jungle crafts and explore God’s amazing world with science experiments.
- Canopy Café Snacks, where travelers go bananas munching on tropical treats and eats.
- Rain Forest Recreation, where kids rumble in the jungle with some wet and wild games.
- Travelers’ Missions, Music, and Memory Verses, where kids sing songs, learn memory verses with fun games, or go in-depth with the mission moment featuring Children’s Hunger Fund and The Wild Brothers.
Finally, everyone heads back to the Jungle Jam Assembly for the closing, where there’s more singing, contest results, and the highly anticipated daily drama. This follows a jungle river cruise that makes stops at different ports of call and has lots of rainforest adventures.
Prepare to swing into the fun as we head out on our jungle river cruise. See you in the rainforest!
Answers to questions we know you’re asking as you prepare your child for The Great Jungle Journey.
Volunteer for VBS
If you call Northwest home, we look forward to serving alongside you June 19–23!
Contribute to Snacks & Crafts
Your donated gift cards to Amazon, Walmart, Meijer, Target, and Kroger will be transformed into memorable keepsakes and themed snacks reinforcing the truths kids learn at VBS!
Past Vacation Bible Schools
- 2022 – Keepers of The Kingdom
- 2021 – Zoomerang
- 2019 – Mystery Island
- 2018 – The Incredible Race
- 2017 – Time Lab
- 2016 – Operation Arctic
- 2015 – Ocean Commotion
- 2014 – Camp Kilimanjaro
- 2013 – International Spy Academy
- 2012 – The Kingdom Chronicles
- 2011 – IncrediWorld Amazement Park
- 2010 – Gold Rush
- 2009 – The Egypt File
- 2008 – Operation Space