The Incredible Race VBS 2018
A race. But not just any race. A race filled with fun clues to find. A race loaded with interesting challenges to attempt. A race around the world that’s a global scavenger hunt like you’ve never seen.
At the same time, it’s about another race. A race that began at the Garden of Eden and continues until this day. A race made up of all people from all time. What race? The human race.
As we moved from continent to continent in The Incredible Race Vacation Bible School, we made pit stops at various times before, at and after the hugely important Tower of Babel incident to see how it greatly matters today.
Daily Pit Stops
- Day 1 Before Babel – As the race started, we explored the beginning of the human race and how nobody was running a perfect race through life.
- Day 2 At Babel – On this leg of the race, we stopped at the Tower of Babel to check out the important and loving roadblock God provided there.
- Day 3 After Babel – On leg three, we saw how the human race developed into people groups with different languages, cultures, and physical features, but how we are still one race.
- Day 4 Babel and the Gospel – On our fourth leg, we discovered the need to yield our lives to God as he reaches out to all nations, tribes, peoples, and languages with his love.
- Day 5 Why Babel Matters Today – On the final leg, we learned lessons from Babel, realizing because God loves us, we also ought to treat others with love and respect, not prejudice and judgment.
From the minute our racers arrived at The Incredible Race, they found fun waiting to happen! The day began at the Check Point Assembly, a supercharged opening complete with entertaining welcomes, rockin’ songs, a mission moment and prayer.
After finishing the day’s rotations, everyone headed back to the Check Point Assembly for the closing that included more singing, a Creature Feature, contest results, and the greatly anticipated daily drama, which was a highlight of the kids’ day. The drama featured a team on The Incredible Race who is flying to the next race location, only to crash in the jungles of Central America at an ancient step pyramid (ziggurat). Many funny adventures and epic lessons occur at this unexpected roadblock.
We had the race of a lifetime at The Incredible Race!