Keepers of the Kingdom VBS 2022
As the drawbridge lowered, and gates opened, we charged into a world brimming with kings and kingdoms, majestic castles, fire-breathing dragons, and epic battles. Amidst the pages of Keepers of the Kingdom, the knights, and fair maidens learned how to be a part of God’s kingdom and wear the armor of God.
We prayed that during this week God would work and that He would be the One who would get all the glory. And He did! We’re praising God for the 40 children that made decisions for Jesus during VBS and for more than 300 volunteers who passionately poured themselves into the children. We watched as God did what only He can do!
- Day 1: The Two Kingdoms – We discovered that there are just two kingdoms—the kingdom of light versus the kingdom of darkness. One is ruled by the good King, Creator God. The other is ruled by the enemy, Satan.
- Day 2: The Belt – We must decide our side. Those who become citizens of God’s good kingdom need to wear the armor of God daily, starting with the belt of truth that helps us have an unshakable trust in God’s Word, and live as truthful people.
- Day 3: The Breastplate and Shoes – The breastplate helps God’s children put on Christ’s righteousness and grow in right living. The shoes show us we can be at peace with God, which helps us stand firm in our Christian convictions and share Jesus with others.
- Day 4: The Shield and Helmet – The shield and helmet protect us from the enemy’s attacks—wrong thinking, discouragement, and deception. We learned to discern!
- Day 5: The Sword and Prayer – The sword of the Spirit is the word of God, which helps us train our brains to know, memorize, love, and obey God’s Word. And as we battle, we must pray!
It was a royal treat stepping back in time, and embarking on the journey!