In This Series
GOD – “Who He is… and why it matters” (2)
Sunday, July 10, 2022
The Unchanging God
God is…love…holy…powerful…faithful…all of this and infinitely more.
But before we can ever attempt to grasp the attributes of our God, we need to nail one fact down. He’s “The Unchanging God”. The God of the Bible didn’t develop these attributes over time. He can’t increase or diminish His character. What He said in Malachi 3:6 is still true today, “I am the Lord—I do not change.”Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- In reference to A.W. Tozer’s quote, “What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.” What comes to your mind when you think about God? Has that changed or altered over the years? If so, how?
- Read Malachi 3:6. How does the truth that God’s character always remains constant bring you comfort? How does this knowledge affect your understanding of Him and your relationship with Him? How does it help you navigate the shifting culture around us?
- We learned this week in 1 John 4:16 that God’s love towards us is everlasting and not just a one-time act on the cross at Calvary. Has there ever been a time when you’ve questioned His love? Why do you think that is?
- Regarding God’s everlasting love… How do we reconcile difficult and trying circumstances in our lives with the fact that God loves us regardless of the trials we face? How can we experience joy even in those trials like we’re called to in James 1:2.
- Romans 2:4. How has God’s goodness led you to live a life of obedience and to repent from your sins?
- Pastor discussed how God is always calling the lost through His Word, Spirit, servants, and providential dealings. Read Romans 10:17, John 16:8, Jeremiah 25:4, and Romans 2:4. Reflect on your life and share specific examples of how God has pursued you in any of these ways. What does this demonstrate to you about God’s character? What was your response?
- Was there anything else that the Lord is calling you to or convicted you of this week? Along those same lines, how will you apply this week’s message to your own life?
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week and what is God revealing to you?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you be praying for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.