Sunday, July 31, 2022
A Matter of Obedience
Baptism has nothing to do with receiving salvation. But don’t miss this… for the believer, it’s what God expects of each of us. Baptism was never listed as an option. Instead, it was given as a command. Which means when it comes to being baptized, every believer needs to see it as God does… “A Matter of Obedience”.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What new truths about baptism did you learn from Pastor Harrell’s message this week?
- Have you been baptized yet? Please share with the group about your experience and why you were baptized when you were. If you haven’t been baptized yet, is there anything keeping you from doing so?
- Why was Jesus baptized? All the rest of us do it to profess our faith in Him. But what was the purpose for Him doing so?
- Were you aware of the importance of immersive baptism? Why does this method matter so much to God?
- Read Acts 2:41 and Acts 8:12. We learned how biblical baptism always comes after belief. How would you explain this principle to someone who doesn’t quite understand it? How does this eliminate the possibility of baby baptism?
- Why do you think that it is so important to God for us to publicly confess our belief in Him? Can you think of a verse that supports this notion?
- We learned this week about the importance and purpose of baptism. In addition, Pastor shared that there is no example of an unbaptized believer in the New Testament. Describe the difference between baptism being a requirement for salvation vs. an outward expression of our salvation. Use scripture where needed.
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week, and what is God revealing to you?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you be praying for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.