That Friday, Jesus was dead. But on Sunday, the tomb was empty, and Jesus was alive to show there can be “Life After Death”… for Him and us.
[Jesus] who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.”Romans 4:25
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:14 & 17. If Christ is not risen, our faith is futile, and we are still lost in our sins. Have you ever truly thought about the importance of the resurrection as it pertains to the forgiveness of our sins? Why is it such a critical element to our salvation?
- Jesus is exactly who He claimed to be… the Son of God who came to earth, lived a perfect life, and then died in our stead and rose again. How would you explain to someone who is lost why Jesus absolutely cannot be just a “good man,” a prophet, or some other inadequate explanation that people often provide?
- Read Acts 13:29–30. There is no doubt that Jesus had a physical, bodily resurrection. How would our faith be changed if Jesus had only returned in a spirit form? Why was His physical appearance so crucial?
- Read John 19:34. Have you ever considered the significance of the spear piercing Jesus’ side? Why do you think the Bible includes this fact?
- Go back to your notes and review the proofs for Jesus’ resurrection. Does one of these, in particular, stand out to you? Why do you find it especially convincing, and how has this impacted your life?
- What was something new that you learned this Easter Sunday regarding the resurrection of Jesus? Who in your sphere of influence can you share this news with?
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week? What has God been revealing to you through your quiet time with Him?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you be praying for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.