In This Series
- Unknown, Part 8
- Unknown, Part 7
- Unknown, Part 6
- Unknown, Part 5
- Unknown, Part 4
- Unknown, Part 3
- Unknown, Part 2
- Unknown, Part 1
Sunday, July 09, 2023
Unknown, Part 1
Senior Associate Pastor
We like a sure thing… we want to know how everything will work out before we even get started. But then we’re met with a roadblock… a job loss… a lousy health report… a relationship ends… and we’re stuck in this place of uncertainty.
When facing the Unknown, we need to focus on our Heavenly Father, who tells us—even when we can’t see the way out—He’s in the middle of it with us… walking with us every step!Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Do you ever want to know the outcome of something before it comes to fruition? What about the opposite?
- Pastor Anthony said, “In the midst of uncertainty, God is still certain.” Have you ever doubted that statement? How do you combat any fear and anger that may arise when you are trapped in the midst of an uncertain circumstance with seemingly no answer? Read Isaiah 41:10… what does this verse tell us in light of the above question?
- This week, several examples of biblical characters with difficult circumstances and uncertain endings were provided (Joseph, David, Mary, and Joseph). Did any of these examples resonate with you? If yes, then why? What did these individuals do, and how did they respond when their futures seemed frightening?
- Do you believe God is absent when you go through loss and difficulty? Do you believe you can maintain a strong faith when you can’t see the activity of His work in your life? What do Psalm 37:5 and Proverbs 3:5–6 have to say about it?
- When throughout your life has God done the most work? What did He teach you during this time?
- Have you ever faced an “unknown” time in your life, or are you currently facing one? How have you handled these situations? What biblical steps can or have you taken to face the future unknowns with courage and trust?
- Read Psalm 71:14. In the midst of trouble and uncertainty, we can hope in God continually and praise Him. With your group, search for Bible verses that describe God’s character and who He is to those who follow Him. Share these verses and remind one another why you can hope in God no matter what your circumstances look like.
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week? What has God been revealing to you through your quiet time with Him?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you pray for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.