In This Series
The Battle for your Mind (2)
Sunday, September 29, 2019
The Battle for your Mind, Part Two
Take Away / Application
Your mind is a battleground that Satan attacks day and night. Only by welcoming, memorizing, meditating and mobilizing the Word of God in our lives will we see a renewing of our mind.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- How often have you considered your mind a battleground?
- In the battle for your mind, do you believe that Satan is real and that there is a world system that says no to Jesus? To gain insight on truth in this area, read 1 Peter 5:8–9, John 14:30, James 4:4, Ephesians 2:1–10.
- Where does Satan attack you to pull your devotion away from Christ? Are there “question marks” that Satan is using with you currently? If so, share with the group, seek truth in God’s Word, and pray for one another.
- Look at 1–4 under “Motivating and Changing Human Behavior” in your notes. How have you seen these principles play out in your life (good and bad)? Share.
- Read Genesis 3:1–4. In 2 Corinthians 11 Paul refers to Eve. Look in your notes at how Satan deceives. How is this same method used in people’s lives today? Why do you think we’re so susceptible to believing in lies, and therefore doubting the promises of God?
- Read 2 Corinthians 11:3. What is the simplicity of Christ?
- Is there anything complicating your relationship with Jesus right now?
- What happens when we get involved in the things about Christ yet fail to live in a relationship with Christ? Have you ever experienced this? Share and discuss.
- Whether you are a new or a seasoned Christian, why do you think we are taught week after week to read God’s Word? It’s simple teaching, yet we are regularly instructed to do so. Why is that?
- When it comes to welcoming, memorizing, meditating and mobilizing the Word of God, what area(s) do you need to improve on? Stay accountable with one another in this area.
Pray for the upcoming series, “The Book of John”. Remember, let’s bring our physical Bibles each week of this series.