In This Series
The Crisis in the Family (4)
Sunday, May 14, 2023
Leaving a Legacy
Motherhood is full of highs and lows… success and failures… blessings and disappointments. It’s far from easy, but “Leaving a Legacy” for their child that points them to Jesus is doing motherhood God’s way.Notes
Justin & Courtney Neal’s story of hope in a family crisis
- Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Read 1 Peter 5:8. The devil is out to destroy your children. What are some specific ways that the devil will come after your kids? How can you, as a parent, proactively guard your kids against such attacks? How does knowing that there is a devil out to destroy your life and the life of your family help provide perspective when trials come your way?
- Read 2 Timothy 1:5. Do you know of someone, or do you have a family legacy of strong faith in the Lord? How have you noticed a devoted faith affecting future generations?
- Do you pray faithfully for your children? Have you ever thought of it as your God-given responsibility? What are some specific prayer requests that you can begin praying for your children this very day?
- If we want our kids to have faith like Timothy’s, we must emulate that faith ourselves. How can we demonstrate to our kids, family members, and our friends that what we believe about Jesus is the most crucial thing about us?
- Read Colossians 4:2. Pastor discussed the importance of being fervent and focused in your prayer life. What or who do you need to be specifically praying for today? Share with your life group for support and accountability in this area.
- Read 2 Timothy 3:15. How are you actively teaching your child the holy scriptures? Why is this so incredibly important? If you aren’t, what can you do right now to begin doing this for your child?
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week? What has God been revealing to you through your quiet time with Him?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you pray for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.