Why We Give
God has given us everything we have. We merely serve as stewards of what He has entrusted into our care. That’s why giving is an integral part of worship! It is an expression of love and reverence to Him and illustrates our desire to partner with Him in the work of the Kingdom.
Scripture teaches that the tithe is the first 10% of our income. It is the first fruits of our labor to be used to carry out Kingdom work. At Northwest Bible Church, your gifts are prayerfully used so that others may know and experience the love of Christ. Because you give, people are impacted and lives are changed!
God’s word instructs us to bring the tithe to the storehouse.
Why Give Online?
55% of churches with average worship attendance of 500 or more offer online giving according to Lifeway Research. 86% of those under 35 years of age say they prefer to give online. 51% of church members over 60 years of age have given online. There are many potential benefits with online giving:
- It is a step of faith…deciding in advance to give faithfully.
- It helps simplify life…no more trying to remember if you’ve given this week.
- It allows you to give consistently…even when you’re not at church.
- You can give anytime from anywhere.
- It gives you the ability to view your online giving history.
- It allows you to give the same way you pay your bills—electronically.
Online giving is one of the many giving options at Northwest. We will continue to accept checks and cash as we pass the offering plates at both weekend services. You can also donate using your individual banks’ online bill-pay feature. Online giving is simply another option—a service to those who prefer to give online.