In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
- NOW & LATER
- What About When You’ve Blown It?
- Ten Principles I’ve Lived By as a Parent
- The Mission
- The Best Gift
- 2020: How will you pray?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- Alert and Aware
- Your Greatest Encourager
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- The Power of One
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- The Battle That Rages
- Unshakable Character
- When Adversity Meets God
- Your Life… After Death
Stand-Alone Sermons (57)
Sunday, May 17, 2020
Your Life… After Death
It’s not a subject we like to dwell on… we’re too busy being caught up in the here and now of life to think about what comes next.
Despite the fact that it’s unpopular, the hard truth is that death is unavoidable.
It’s crucial we get the “what’s next” part right, because Your Life… After Death is a subject no one can afford to put off for later.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
- Understanding your life after death.
- What happens after death is determined by the choice you make before death.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What is one new thing you learned from today’s message?
- Read Hebrews 9:27. Do you think about death? Why or why not? If yes, share your thoughts.
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:8. There isn’t an intermediate state, purgatory, or anything else. Discuss.
- In thinking about death there is either, sorrow with hope or sorrow without hope. For those who have faith and trust in Jesus Christ, how does eternal life in heaven bring hope?
- Think about the following statements. How does today’s message increase the urgency of reaching people with the Gospel?
- “At death, you will either go into the presence of God, or you will go out of the presence of God.”
- “At death, your eternal destiny is fixed.”
- Are you able and confident in sharing the Gospel with others? Discuss. Practice and talk through sharing the Gospel as a group.
- In light of today’s message, who do you need to reach out to today? Pray for that person and ask your group to keep you accountable in reaching out to them.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.