In This Series
- America…Have We Forgotten?
- What Defines a Great Church?
- The Three Chairs
- THE, Part 2
- THE, Part 1
- HE ROSE...YOU CHOSE!
- When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (40)
Sunday, May 17, 2020
Your Life… After Death
It’s not a subject we like to dwell on… we’re too busy being caught up in the here and now of life to think about what comes next.
Despite the fact that it’s unpopular, the hard truth is that death is unavoidable.
It’s crucial we get the “what’s next” part right, because Your Life… After Death is a subject no one can afford to put off for later.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
- Understanding your life after death.
- What happens after death is determined by the choice you make before death.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What is one new thing you learned from today’s message?
- Read Hebrews 9:27. Do you think about death? Why or why not? If yes, share your thoughts.
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:8. There isn’t an intermediate state, purgatory, or anything else. Discuss.
- In thinking about death there is either, sorrow with hope or sorrow without hope. For those who have faith and trust in Jesus Christ, how does eternal life in heaven bring hope?
- Think about the following statements. How does today’s message increase the urgency of reaching people with the Gospel?
- “At death, you will either go into the presence of God, or you will go out of the presence of God.”
- “At death, your eternal destiny is fixed.”
- Are you able and confident in sharing the Gospel with others? Discuss. Practice and talk through sharing the Gospel as a group.
- In light of today’s message, who do you need to reach out to today? Pray for that person and ask your group to keep you accountable in reaching out to them.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.