In This Series
What is YOUR God like? (0)
Sunday, November 11, 2018
Your Greatest Encourager
Take Away / Application
Regardless of your past, current circumstances or biggest worries, God is your greatest encourager.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Who have been the biggest encouragers in your life? Share.
- Read Joshua 1:1–2. Joshua had to let go of the past. How can holding onto the good things from our past stall us from the good things God has for us ahead? How can holding onto the mistakes, sins, and regrets of the past do the same?
- What do you think prevents you from letting go? Read Isaiah 43:18–19 and Lamentations 3:22–23. How can the statement, “yesterday ended last night.” help you this week?
- Read Joshua 1:7–8. Success with God never happens apart from God’s Word. In what ways do you seek success, accomplishments or efforts on your own apart from God’s Word. Why do you think that is?
- What needs to change? How can your group help?
- How quickly do you turn to God’s Word when faced with a life decision? How often when it’s something “small”? Why or why not?
- Read Joshua 1:9. Pastor gave four attributes of having God’s presence in your life: Confidence, Perspective, Peace, and Courage. What area is easiest for you to recognize? What area do you need to have a better realization of?
- Read Hebrews 13:5–6. How does this verse comfort you or change your perspective, on the challenges you face in your life?
- Through this series, has your view or understanding of God changed? How so and how will it impact how you live?