In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
- NOW & LATER
- What About When You’ve Blown It?
- Ten Principles I’ve Lived By as a Parent
- The Mission
- The Best Gift
- 2020: How will you pray?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- Alert and Aware
- Your Greatest Encourager
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- The Power of One
Stand-Alone Sermons (51)
Sunday, March 15, 2020
Your Greatest Encourager
Take Away / Application
Regardless of your past, current circumstances or biggest worries, God is your greatest encourager.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Who have been the biggest encouragers in your life? Share.
- Read Joshua 1:1–2. Joshua had to let go of the past. How can holding onto the good things from our past stall us from the good things God has for us ahead? How can holding onto the mistakes, sins, and regrets of the past do the same?
- What do you think prevents you from letting go? Read Isaiah 43:18–19 and Lamentations 3:22–23. How can the statement, “yesterday ended last night.” help you this week?
- Read Joshua 1:7–8. Success with God never happens apart from God’s Word. In what ways do you seek success, accomplishments or efforts on your own apart from God’s Word. Why do you think that is?
- What needs to change? How can your group help?
- How quickly do you turn to God’s Word when faced with a life decision? How often when it’s something “small”? Why or why not?
- Read Joshua 1:9. Pastor gave four attributes of having God’s presence in your life: Confidence, Perspective, Peace, and Courage. What area is easiest for you to recognize? What area do you need to have a better realization of?
- Read Hebrews 13:5–6. How does this verse comfort you or change your perspective, on the challenges you face in your life?
- Through this series, has your view or understanding of God changed? How so and how will it impact how you live?