Sunday, October 10, 2021
X Marks The Spot, Part 1
Have you ever gone on a make-believe treasure hunt or watched a movie where they are searching for treasure? A map was always needed, and every time X marked the spot where the treasure could be found.
Every day, every moment of the day, we focus on, put our hope in, and strive for something. Jesus says that’s our treasure. However, there is treasure that fades and treasure that lasts forever. The one we choose makes all the difference!Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Our heart always follows the treasure, the treasure does not follow the heart.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Share a favorite adventure from your life? What did you learn? What was the best part?
- If we’re honest, each one of us tends to lay up earthly treasures for ourselves. What earthly treasure do you tend to give your heart and mind to?
- Read Romans 7:15. In regards to earthly treasure, what struggles do you experience with what your lips say compared to what your life says?
- Read Luke 12:15. “It’s not wrong to possess things, but it is wrong for things to possess us.” Have you experienced this in your life? Share. How do we move out from under our things possessing us?
- Read Psalm 51:16–17. Many people judge Christianity by other Christians. How can we help people to judge Christianity by Christ? How can we help people see that Jesus desires our heart, not our sacrifices, works, things, or stuff?
- Read John 15:2. Jesus always wants something for us, not from us. He always us to bear more fruit. Discuss.
- What impacted you the most from today’s message? Is Jesus asking you to change something or do something as a result of the Scripture today?
- What have you learned from your personal time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
- Please be praying for our nation, our church, our pastors, Christians to be bold with the Gospel, and for the world to see Jesus in us.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.