In This Series
- Who is Jesus?
- Who is Jesus? Part 2
- Witness #1: John the Baptist
- Different Approaches… Same Results
- The First Miracle
- The Cleansing of the Temple
- The New Birth
The Book of John (7)
Sunday, October 20, 2019
Witness #1: John the Baptist
Take Away / Application
Like John the Baptist, we must selflessly live for Jesus, exalt Jesus and be a witness for Jesus.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
Keep your Bible open to John 1:19–34 throughout group discussion.
- What impacted you the most from today’s message?
- Read John 1:23 and Isaiah 40:3. John the Baptist was a humble, selfless messenger who exalted and gave testimony to Jesus. Look up the word “testimony” before moving onto question 3.
- All of us have a testimony about what God has done and is currently doing in our life. What can we do to make sure that our testimony or message is heard when we have the opportunity to share it?
- Read John 1:19–23. John spoke with strength and humility. When we share our testimony with others, how important is our attitude? Can we be both confident and humble as we witness for Christ?
- Read John 1:29–34. Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! How important is it for us to remember that our message and witness for Christ must be centered around this life-changing need? What can we do to make sure this is the core of our testimony and witness about Jesus?
- Discuss the difference between knowing about Jesus and knowing Jesus. What are ways we continually grow or should grow in knowing Jesus?
- On the day you gave your life to Jesus, you got all of Jesus you’ll ever get. Does He have all of you? Is He truly Lord of your life? What areas do you struggle in turning over to Jesus? (anxiety, doubt, finances, forgiveness, etc.) Why?
- When it comes to following Jesus, Pastor Harrell mentioned three keywords: Whatever, Wherever, Whenever. Can you answer “yes” to these three words? Is there anything that scares you in following Jesus, whatever He asks you to do, wherever He takes you, and whenever He wants you to do it?
God’s simple plan of salvation cost Him everything! Who will you begin to reach out to, witness to, and share the good news of Jesus Christ with?