In This Series
It’s Time To Get Back To Normal (5)
Sunday, May 16, 2021
We’ve seen firsthand… and maybe even experienced ourselves… how easy it is to withdraw, and before we know it, we’re living as though we’re on an island, going through life solo. But God never intended our Christian life to be lived out on our own. So as we move to get back to normal, one thing we don’t want to miss is “Why One-Another” is so important to God in the life of the believer.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
God intends me to function in connection with others in His Body.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Nothing is more important than KNOWING God. Read 1 John 5:20. The word used for “know” in this verse means, knowledge by experience. What does it practically look like, on a week in and week out basis, to know God by experience?
- “You need somebody and somebody needs you.” Good or bad, how have the friendships in your life shaped you?
- Our friends influence and, at times, determine the direction of our lives. Read Proverbs 12:26, 13:20, and 1 Corinthians 15:33. Have you seen the truth of these passages play out in your life? Share.
- Read Proverbs 17:17 and John 15:13. What challenges do we face in being a self-sacrificing friend?
- Read Proverbs 16:28 and James 3:6. We can be quick to judge, complain, gossip, even “share” about others in the name of a prayer request. What are ways, with our tongues, we can be trustworthy friends?
- Read Ephesians 4:15. What does it look like to speak truth with grace and love? How do we address the hard things with one another?
- We need others who help us in our walk with God. Also, we need to help others in their walk with God. Discuss.
- What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.