In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
- NOW & LATER
- What About When You’ve Blown It?
- Ten Principles I’ve Lived By as a Parent
- The Mission
- The Best Gift
- 2020: How will you pray?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- Alert and Aware
- Your Greatest Encourager
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- The Power of One
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- The Battle That Rages
- Unshakable Character
- When Adversity Meets God
- Your Life… After Death
Stand-Alone Sermons (57)
Sunday, April 07, 2019
Baptism is an outward display and celebration of your inward decision to trust and follow Christ. It’s also a step of obedience and allows a Christ follower to communicate to the world their commitment to Christ. In Scripture, we see that people were baptized after they made a decision to follow Christ. In this message, we’ll discuss why baptism is a key step in every Christians relationship with Jesus.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Baptism is a stepping stone to publicly celebrate a personal decision to follow Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- For those who have been baptized, share when and where you were baptized.
- How did you relationship with Christ change after baptism?
- Belief always precedes baptism. Share about the moment you believed in Jesus Christ? What does “believing” in Jesus Christ mean? Read Romans 10:9–10, 1 Corinthians 15:1–4.
- What’s one new thing you learned about baptism from this message?
- Do you feel prepared to share about baptism with someone who has questions? What would that conversation sound like? Share with your group.
- If you haven’t been baptized what is holding you back. Honestly and lovingly discuss with your group.
Please pray for relational opportunities to personally invest in people in Jesus name. Pray for opportunities to invite people to Easter service and may that invite go beyond just one Sunday.