In This Series
It’s Time To Get Back To Normal (4)
Sunday, May 23, 2021
Why Are We Still Here?
A person accepts Jesus as their Savior… then what? If as believers we know that one day we’ll be in Heaven with our God, why don’t we go there right after we get saved? When we ask the question, “why are we still here?”, the answer God shows us in His Word comes down to one word… people.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
God has left Christ-followers on this earth to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In doing so, we must form purposeful relationships to lead people to Jesus.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Are you excited about Jesus? Why or why not?
- Read Matthew 4:19. Pastor Harrell said, “If you’re not fishing, you’re not following.” Have you dealt with the two stumbling blocks mentioned in your notes (Fear. Ignorance.) How do we overcome these stumbling blocks?
- Read Luke 19:10, Matthew 18:11, Luke 5:32, Romans 5:8. What does it look like to make the purpose of Jesus’ life the purpose of your life?
- Read 1 Corinthians 10:31–11:1. Would someone know how to follow Jesus if they followed you?
- Forming purposeful relationships is essential in leading people to Christ. What do you find easy about forming these relationships? What do you find hard?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:14–15. The Gospel frees us from living for ourselves. What a free truth! What does it look like to live selfless because of the Gospel and for Gospel?
- Time alone with God is key to being close to God. The closer we are with God the easier it to say follow me because I want to lead you to Jesus. What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.