In This Series
Whose You Are (4)
Sunday, September 12, 2021
Whose You Are, Part 3
Director of Young Adults & Assimilation
Turn on any TV, click on any post, subscribe to any feed and you’ll be bombarded with all that’s going on in the world. At times it can be overwhelming, mentally challenging, even crippling. In the midst of all the chaos is Jesus. The One who holds all things in His hands brings peace and has ultimate victory. It’s time to get our eyes back on Him. It’s time to remember who He is. It’s time to make sure we draw close to Him. In this two-part series, we’ll do just that, rise above the chaos and focus back on Jesus!Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
When you understand whose you are, you understand the importance and necessity of abiding in Jesus.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Read John 15:1. God is the vinedresser, the one who cultivates, provides, grows, and cares. How have you seen God provide for and care for you?
- Read John 15:2, Romans 5:3–5, Hebrews 12:11. Have you ever undergone the pruning process so that you can produce more fruit? Was that process painful? Was the result worth undergoing the pruning process?
- Visit Webster’s Dictionary 1828 and look up the definition of “abide.”
- Read John 15:4. Abiding in Jesus is the key to producing fruit (see Galatians 5:22–23) in the life of a Christian. What does it practically look like to abide in Jesus?
- Read John 15:5. When Jesus says “apart from me you can do nothing”, what is he talking about? What things are impossible to accomplish apart from Jesus?
- Danny mentioned the dangers of going through the motions, of being around faith versus abiding in faith… abiding in Jesus. What things tend to derail you from abiding in Jesus? What would it take to remove those things or pause from those things in order to draw close to Jesus?
- Are you abiding in Jesus at this point in your life? If not, what would have to change for you to say that you are abiding in Jesus?
- What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life? If you need help in this area talk to a fellow group member.
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.