In This Series
Whose You Are (4)
Sunday, August 29, 2021
Whose You Are, Part 1
Turn on any TV, click on any post, subscribe to any feed and you’ll be bombarded with all that’s going on in the world. At times it can be overwhelming, mentally challenging, even crippling. In the midst of all the chaos is Jesus. The One who holds all things in His hands brings peace and has ultimate victory. It’s time to get our eyes back on Him. It’s time to remember who He is. It’s time to make sure we draw close to Him. In this two-part series, we’ll do just that, rise above the chaos and focus back on Jesus!Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Remember whose you are!
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- How did you view Jesus before you walked into church today? What, if anything has changed?
- How do you, as a Christian, answer someone who asks you, “How do you believe in a God you can’t see and in a man [Jesus] who is dead?”
- It’s common to hear people say they believe in God, but not Jesus. Why is Jesus so much more controversial and such a game-changer?
- There is so much going on in the world right now (divisions, politics, covid, death, suffering, war, etc.). How can we allow the craziness of the world to remind us of whose we belong?
- In your notes, of the “Can’t-Miss Truths”, which one impacted you the most and why?
- We must remember Whose we are! What thoughts did you write down in your notes about this?
- When is the last time you reflected back to the moment you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
- How fresh, current, and relevant is your relationship with Jesus? Does anything need to change?
- What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life? If you need help in this area talk to a fellow group member.
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
- It’s easy to focus on our sins and shortcomings… but list everything that Jesus has done for you and how He has changed your life.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.