Sunday, February 17, 2019
Who do you rely on?
We all have an alliance with someone or something. It may be our favorite sports team, restaurant, apparel brand, app or speaker.
Likewise, we also rely on someone or something during our good and bad days.
In whom or what do you have your alliance and reliance? The answer may just change your life…and greatly impact the lives of those around you.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
In my time of need, however big or small, don’t turn away from the Lord, rely on Him.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- When the real moments of life hit, who or what do you rely on? (Friends, Isolation, Anger, Jesus, Food, Self, etc.)
- Share an example of when you took the step to rely on Jesus only to pick up what you laid down.
- Currently, is there any area in your life where you’re turning or have turned away from God, His ways or His commandments? (Behavior, Financially, Purity, etc.)
- No amount of works can earn our way to salvation. However, it’s the output of my faith and salvation in Jesus that should lead me to good works. Describe the place that works has at it relates to our salvation? Read 2 Corinthians 13:5, James 2:20, Philippians 2:12, Hebrews 10:24, to help guide the conversation.
- Practically, what does it look like to walk in the Spirit on a daily basis?
- Read Psalm 62:5–8. The more we rely on God as our fortress, the greater the calmness or peace in our hearts. Why is it that at times we can put our full trust in the Lord and at other times we battle and struggle to experience peace?
- Read Matthew 11:28–30, Psalm 46:10. How can you improve finding rest in the Lord?
- During this series, how has God changed you to align and rely on Him moving forward?
Pray for God to reveal any area in your life where self-reliance or reliance on something other than Jesus exists. Give that area over to Him today!