Sunday, February 10, 2019
Who do I align with?
We all have an alliance with someone or something. It may be our favorite sports team, restaurant, apparel brand, app or speaker.
Likewise, we also rely on someone or something during our good and bad days.
In whom or what do you have your alliance and reliance? The answer may just change your life…and greatly impact the lives of those around you.Fill-in Notes
And it happened, as He [Jesus] was alone praying, that His disciples joined Him, and He asked them, saying, “Who do the crowds say that I am?” So they answered and said, “John the Baptist, but some say Elijah; and others say that one of the old prophets has risen again.” He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Peter answered and said, “The Christ of God.”
Take Away / Application
Do my lips and life proclaim Jesus as the Christ?
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Share about a time when you had the right answer to the wrong question? What was the result of that situation?
- What does time alone with Jesus look like for you? Is it a priority, purposeful and distraction free
- When it comes to your lips and life proclaiming Jesus, would you say your life needs to catch up to your mouth or your mouth needs to catch up to your life? Explain.
- When was the last time you shared about Jesus with someone? What’s the hardest part of talking with others about Jesus? Discuss as a group some ways sharing about Jesus can become easier for you?
- When was the last time someone noticed a difference in your life because of Christ? How did you respond?
- As you examine your life, are there any areas that are not aligned with Jesus? What needs to be done about those areas and how can your group help?
- What impacted you the most from Sunday’s messages. What’s one action step you need to take to apply what you learned?
Please pray for opportunities to share about Jesus through your life and through your words.