Sunday, July 19, 2020
Two men dying at the same place and same time. But only one made the choice that changed his eternal destiny. Now each one of us has to make a choice… and “Which Side” we choose is the most important decision we’ll ever make.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
The criminals crucified next to Jesus remind us that, when it comes to Jesus, everyone chooses a side.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What have you learned from your personal time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
- Our actions show which side of the cross we’re on. In light of the world’s current circumstances, how can we better show Jesus to people?
- Discuss and define what it means to “fear God”. How can the fear of God lead us to loving, following, living for, and responding to God more?
- Read Matthew 27:41–44. Is there any area of your life that is potentially mocking Jesus? If so, what does 1 John 1:9 say we are to do and what God does?
- Read Luke 23:42. What does it mean and look like for Jesus to be Lord in our lives? In what areas do you struggle to give him Lordship? How can you pray for one another based on the group’s responses?
- Read Romans 3:10–18, 23. As we look around, it’s easier to see mankind’s desperate condition than ever before. What are practical ways to show Jesus to those around you? Put those practical answers into action this week.
- Take time to close your group by sharing praises. For example, “I want to praise the Lord for…”.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.