In This Series
- America…Have We Forgotten?
- What Defines a Great Church?
- The Three Chairs
- THE, Part 2
- THE, Part 1
- HE ROSE...YOU CHOSE!
- When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (40)
Sunday, November 08, 2020
When Life Makes No Sense
If you haven’t already experienced it, at some point it’s going to happen… and chances are, it’ll happen more than once. It’s beyond our control, but the good news is we aren’t left to figure it out on our own. We can rest assured knowing that When Life Makes No Sense, God has given us principles to guide us every step of the way.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
When life makes no sense, obey God’s Word and trust in His promises.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Whether painful, lengthly or out of your control, how do you typically respond when life’s circumstances make no sense?
- How has God uses the circumstances in your life to develop godly character in you?
- How can getting caught up in wanting to know why something is happening be a distraction or allow us to miss what God is doing?
- Read John 15:1–8. As you look at where God has you right now, what does it look like, “Bloom where you’re planted?”
- Read 1 Peter 5:6–7. God is never late! Attempting to rush Him is futile and only leads to greater anxiety. In trusting God with the circumstances of your life, how do you need to apply Matthew 11:28–30 and Philippians 4:6–7?
- In what area of your life do you need better know God’s promises? (marriage, worry, family issues, bitterness, purity, anger, etc.) As a group, look these verses up.
- Look at the promise of Hebrews 13:5. Throughout your life, how have you seen God remain faithful, knowing that we may feel lonely, but in Christ, we are never alone.
- What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
Challenge and Action Step
- What steps do you need to take to truly live like you believe Romans 8:28?
- Is there any bitterness that’s been growing in you? Confess any bitterness to the Lord, lay that situation down at Jesus’ feet asking Him to give you a spirit of forgiveness and peace.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.