In This Series
- THE, Part 1
- HE ROSE...YOU CHOSE!
- When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (37)
Sunday, March 14, 2021
When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
The Bible is clear that life won’t automatically become perfect for those who follow Jesus. But when the bottom falls out, and there comes a time “When Life Doesn’t Make Sense”, we can rest assured that we have a God we can trust.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Faith is not based on our circumstances but on the object of our faith, Jesus Christ.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Have you ever asked God for something that you really wanted and you trusted Him for… and not only did you not get what you wanted, but things got worse? Share.
- Despite the results, how have you seen God work through the situation you described in Question 1?
- Read Matthew 19:26 and Philippians 4:13. If we believe that God can do anything, does our life reflect that belief? Is there anything that needs to change to live with this confidence in God?
- Read Daniel 3:17–18. How does this Scripture challenge you to react and live when God doesn’t deliver you from something?
- In your notes, it says, “You better not get your theology from circumstances.” Why is circumstantial faith fragile?
- Would you say your faith is more circumstantial-focused than Christ-focused? Read Romans 8:35–39 and Hebrews 4:14–16. How do these verses, and the promises of God, give you encouragement regardless of the circumstances?
- What have you learned from your personal time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- Regrading your prayer time… Are you taking your questions to Jesus through prayer? Are you ready for honest answers?
Prayer or Action Step
Please pray for Chris and Joni Weaver who are serving in Malawi, Africa.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.