In This Series
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (33)
Sunday, May 10, 2020
When Adversity Meets God
It’s a fact… in our lives, there’s going to be adversity that at times can seem completely overwhelming. And the truth is, for us, it is. But when adversity meets God, there’s no contest!Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Times of adversity will come:
- God is aware of these times.
- God is working during these times.
- God provides during these times.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- When times of adversity come, how do you typically respond? If you turn to God through prayer and the Word, share how this has helped you during these times. If you have not turned to God through prayer and the Word, what typically stands in your way of doing so?
- Read Matthew 23:25–27 and 1 Samuel 16:7. What does it look like for a person to be an empty and clean vessel?
- Read 2 Kings 4:1–7. What does the widow’s dependence on God teach you? Is there anything you can’t depend on God for?
- What does the widow’s obedience teach you?
- Why is immediate and total obedience so important? What does it say when someone lacks obeying this way?
- Is there anything in God’s Word that you’re currently pushing back on and not obeying? Discuss with the group and turn to Scripture for answers.
- Read Ephesians 5:20 and 1 Thessalonians 5:18. Share with the group how God has provided for you over the years?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.