In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
- NOW & LATER
- What About When You’ve Blown It?
- Ten Principles I’ve Lived By as a Parent
- The Mission
- The Best Gift
- 2020: How will you pray?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- Alert and Aware
- Your Greatest Encourager
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- The Power of One
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- The Battle That Rages
- Unshakable Character
- When Adversity Meets God
- Your Life… After Death
Stand-Alone Sermons (57)
Sunday, May 10, 2020
When Adversity Meets God
It’s a fact… in our lives, there’s going to be adversity that at times can seem completely overwhelming. And the truth is, for us, it is. But when adversity meets God, there’s no contest!Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Times of adversity will come:
- God is aware of these times.
- God is working during these times.
- God provides during these times.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- When times of adversity come, how do you typically respond? If you turn to God through prayer and the Word, share how this has helped you during these times. If you have not turned to God through prayer and the Word, what typically stands in your way of doing so?
- Read Matthew 23:25–27 and 1 Samuel 16:7. What does it look like for a person to be an empty and clean vessel?
- Read 2 Kings 4:1–7. What does the widow’s dependence on God teach you? Is there anything you can’t depend on God for?
- What does the widow’s obedience teach you?
- Why is immediate and total obedience so important? What does it say when someone lacks obeying this way?
- Is there anything in God’s Word that you’re currently pushing back on and not obeying? Discuss with the group and turn to Scripture for answers.
- Read Ephesians 5:20 and 1 Thessalonians 5:18. Share with the group how God has provided for you over the years?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.