In This Series
- THE, Part 2
- THE, Part 1
- HE ROSE...YOU CHOSE!
- When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (37)
Sunday, June 07, 2020
WHEN Adversity Comes
Life may look very different for all of us, whether it’s our home life, work life, or personal life. But each and every one of us has something in common when it comes to this thing called life: we’re going to face adversity. And while we can’t control the fact that adversity is going to be a reality, we can for sure control how we respond WHEN Adversity Comes.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
When adversity comes, it’s an opportunity for God to grow us in our faith, focus, and faithfulness.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Share about a time when you faced serious adversity.
- How did you react during this time? Was bitterness something you had to deal with?
- How did God use the adversity you went through for good and to produce character?
- Read 1 Peter 4:12–13. Discuss the following statement from your notes. “Following Christ doesn’t exempt you from adversity, it prepares you for adversity.”
- Read Philippians 4:6. Where and how does prayer fall in your approach to facing adversity?
- When facing adversity, don’t get bitter, but allow God to use it to make you better. How can you take today’s message and apply it to the current climate and circumstances of the world today?
- Read Galatians 1:10. “God didn’t put you on this earth to please people, but to please Him.” Discuss and talk about living this out. Based on this truth, is there anything you need to change in how you’re living?
Ask God to:
- Increase your love for Him
- Bring you to a place where He is enough
- Teach you that Jesus is all you need and all you want