In This Series
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (23)
Sunday, June 21, 2020
What God Wants from You, Dad
God knows that strong, committed families don’t just happen. They take time, effort, dedication… and first and foremost, Him. And while families look a lot different now from when God first passed down His instructions, “What God Wants from You, Dad”, hasn’t changed at all.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
God wants fathers, and His people, to model, reflect, and mentor others in loving the Lord with all their heart, soul, and strength.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Review the “Six Characteristics of Strong Families.” Which of these characteristics best describes your home right now or the home you grew up in?
- Which of the “Six Characteristics of Strong Families.” needs to be improved on in your home?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:1–2. Regardless of your stage of life, what does it look like to live out these verses right now? Is there any area in your life where you’re pushing back against the Lord’s commands, statutes, and judgments?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:6–7. Whether your dad or someone else, who has been the biggest spiritual mentor in your life? Who can you start pouring yourself into for the sake of spiritual growth?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:5. Practically, what does it look like to live this verse out?
- Discuss the word “reverence.” Think about what we see, hear, do, and say. How can we increase our awareness that we’re constantly in the presence of a holy, just, and Almighty God? Is there anything you need to change based on this truth?
- How can you be more diligent in reflecting the Lord in every area of your life?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.