In This Series
- Trouble in the Forecast
- Something Desperately Needed
- Dangerously Deceiving
- Diligence Required
- Superficiality Condemned
- A Word of Caution
- Clearing Up the Confusion
- It’s So Very Dangerous
- What Do You Want The Most?
- Misdirected Passion
- Spiritual Adultery!
- A Fresh Stirring
- Practical Atheism
- Derailing Your Purpose in Life
- Perhaps Today!
- What Do You Do?
- Utmost Importance
- Our Common Ministry
Let’s Get Real! (18)
Sunday, August 26, 2018
What Do You Do?
Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
Take Away / Application
Understanding the spiritual response to life when you go through hard times, good times and sickness.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Pastor Harrell said that “church is a family reunion that we get to have 52 weeks a year!” Are Sundays just a typical day for you and your family, or are they something more? Share why. How does going to church on Sunday fit into your schedule (negotiable, non-negotiable, priority, just another event, etc.)? Share why.
- Read James 5:13. What is your first response when you encounter difficult times? Do you find it easy or hard to pray during difficult times? Share why.
- Share with the group a situation where God gave you the grace to get through it? What was your prayer life like during that time? Did He deliver, dissipate, give peace or give calmness?
- Have you ever gone through a season in your life where you thought “God, this too much!”? Looking back, what was the end result of that season in your life?
- Discuss the difference between joy and happiness. How do you respond when life is really good? In the good times, do you praise God or yourself?
- Read James 5:14–16. What did you learn from the biblical explanation of understanding sickness?
- Read Matthew 18:15–17. What did you learn about the matter of confessing sin?
- How did this message help equip you in your relationship with Jesus today? How can you take what you’ve learned and use it to better reach others for Jesus?