In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
- NOW & LATER
- What About When You’ve Blown It?
Stand-Alone Sermons (39)
Sunday, March 25, 2018
What Difference Does It Make?
Have you ever met a person whose personality changes based on where they are? Whether at work, home, school, the gym, out with friends or at church, they morph into what meets their needs at that particular time. If we’re honest, all of us have done the same. Although it seems like there are many ways we can walk through life, the Bible tells us there are only two. According to which one you live by will make all the difference in this world and the next.
Take Away / Application
Living according to the Spirit is:
- Placing God at the center of our lives.
- Allowing Jesus to sit on the throne of our lives.
- Being impacted by what we set our minds on.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Have you ever been around someone who acted two different ways? How did that come across? How did that make you feel?
- Paul says those who are in the Spirit have a radically different mindset than those who are in the flesh. (Romans. 8:5–8) What has changed in your life since becoming a Christian?
- What occupies your mind throughout a week? Do those things lead you closer to or further away from God?
- Read Galatians 5:19–25. Which of the works of the flesh are most common and most acceptable in our culture?
- Which fruit of the Spirit do you have the most trouble producing? What are the biggest difficulties or obstacles you find to living a Christian life? What are some good things we treat as though they are a God thing?
- Read Colossians 3:1–2. Whether adding or removing, what is one thing you can do to set your mind on things above?
- Would you say that you are led by the Spirit (Galatians. 5:18)? Why or why not? Do you follow your own course, or do you lean on God to guide you? Can you give an example? How can you become more dependent on the Spirit to direct you?
- If a young Christian came to you and said, “I don’t see much of the fruit of the Spirit in my life,” what counsel would you give?