In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
- NOW & LATER
- What About When You’ve Blown It?
- Ten Principles I’ve Lived By as a Parent
- The Mission
Stand-Alone Sermons (41)
Sunday, June 16, 2019
What About When You’ve Blown It?
Take Away / Application
When you’ve sinned:
- Don’t cover it up.
- Genuinely confess it to God.
- Receive freedom and forgiveness.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What is sin? As a group, create biblical definition of sin.
- Read and recap 2 Samuel 11. Describe a time in your life where sin has negatively impacted you and the people around you.
- Read Psalm 51:3. Regarding sin, how do you initially react? (run, hide, cover it up, confess, etc.)
- Have you experienced genuinely confessing your sin but still feeling guilty? Share.
- Read Psalm 32:1–2 and Psalm 103:12. Once we’ve confessed, many people still feel guilty, stay away from church, try to clean themselves up or avoid the Bible. What does this type of behavior truly say about God’s freedom and forgiveness?
- As a good Heavenly Father, God wants you to immediately run back into His arms. There’s no reason to wait! Why do we have a hard time with this?
- Do you have any unconfessed sin? Why are you waiting? Confess it to God today. Go with a trusted person from Group and pray when group is over.
- Read 1 Peter 3:18. “God values you as a person of worth that Christ died for.” Do you believe God can use you despite your sin? Why or why not?
- How do you need to renew your mind and start living based on the truth of God’s Word today?
Please pray for any child coming to VBS who doesn’t know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Pray they would get saved, pray they would come back and begin growing in their new relationship with Him.