In This Series
It’s Time To Get Back To Normal (4)
Sunday, June 06, 2021
Vision Over Sight
At the edge of the land God had promised them centuries before, the Israelites were about to claim it. But there was one last lesson they needed to learn, a lesson we still need to grasp in 2021. But, in their case, the Israelites had to learn it the hard way… in God’s economy, it’s always “Vision Over Sight.”Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
As we follow the Lord our faith requires vision over sight. This vision is rooted in God’s Word and God’s promises.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
As we read Numbers 13–14, we see God preparing Israel to move into the promised land. Through this account we learn what “to do” and what “not to do” when it comes to having vision over sight.
- Read Hebrews 11:1. Discuss living by faith versus living by sight.
- Read Ephesians 3:20. What tends to get in the way of you seeing, believing, and living in a way that allows this verse to be a reality in your life?
- Read Numbers 13:25–29. The “cowardly majority” focused on the problems. How do we move away from being so focused on our problems so that we’re not blinded to God?
- Read Numbers 14:1–2. The people were critical and became discouraged, discontent, and defeated. How do we move from being overly critical to being solution-minded?
- Read Numbers 13:32–33. “God allows giants in our lives, not to make us fear, but to strengthen our faith.” Are you focused on any giants or fears right now? What does it look like to allow God to strengthen your faith in the midst of facing whatever giant or fear you see? How can your group help?
- How can we keep the encouraging truth of, “We’re not fighting for victory, but from victory!” Discuss the meaning and truth of this statement.
- As our series, “It’s Time To Get Back To Normal”, comes to a close, what has God taught you through this series?
- Time alone with God is key to being close to God. What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Who do you need to be praying for this week?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.