In This Series
- Unwavering, Part 4: Jesus IS God
- Unwavering, Part 3: Alone!
- Unwavering, Part 2: Our Response to God’s Holiness
- Unwavering, Part 1
Sunday, February 07, 2021
Unwavering, Part 2: Our Response to God’s Holiness
Along the way, we’ve messed up big time. We’ve changed our view of God into whatever best suits us. But the thing about God is… He’s unchangeable… unwavering. And when we view God in all of His holiness as the prophet Isaiah did, there’s only one right way to respond.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Seeing God for who He is, helps us come clean in who we are, then leads to responding to God’s call on our lives.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Read Isaiah 6:2–3. In your notes, it says, “Seraphim means ‘fiery one’ and is describing their love for and devotion to the Lord.” What does it look like to have fire in our love and devotion for the Lord?
- Isaiah hears the voice of God in Isaiah 6:8… Read Psalm 119:89, Deuteronomy 4:2, and Revelation 22:18–19. Today we hear from God through His completed Word, the Bible. What has God been teaching you through His Word? What did God teach you through the preaching of His Word in this message?
- Isaiah responds to God’s question in Isaiah 6:9. Read James 1:22, Matthew 7:24–28, and 1 John 2:3–6. Why is the application of God’s Word so important?
- Read Isaiah 6:5. Isaiah was honest about his own sinfulness compared to a holy God. In what ways do we explain away our sin?
- Read Matthew 28:19–20. The Church and Christians have the most important and greatest mission in the world! Christians are in a spiritual battle. The pandemic isn’t a recess or a time out for the Gospel and the mission of Jesus Christ! Have you been taking a “time out”? How do you/Christians need to get back to the Gospel and mission of Jesus in our current climate?
- Isaiah said, “Here am I! Send me.” Read 1 Corinthians 12:12–27. God has called all of us into ministry roles in the place we find ourselves. Share with the group where you’re serving inside and outside of the church. If you don’t have a serving role in the church, reach out to Danny Whisner today and help better the body of Christ!
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.