In This Series
- Unwavering, Part 4: Jesus IS God
- Unwavering, Part 3: Alone!
- Unwavering, Part 2: Our Response to God’s Holiness
- Unwavering, Part 1
Sunday, January 31, 2021
Unwavering, Part 1
It’s a little catchphrase making a huge impact in our world. “Cancel culture” has been splashed all over social media and the headlines. It’s quickly become the solution to whatever anyone finds objectionable. Don’t like something you hear or read? No problem. Cancel it.
And while the world is trying to change what we think about everything from history to businesses and people, we have a God calling us to something different. When it comes to our God and His Word, He wants us to be “Unwavering”.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Until you see God as He really is, holy, you’re not going to see yourself as you really are.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
When you think of God, what do you see?
- In today’s message, it was mentioned, “The most important thing about you, is how you view God.” Do you agree or disagree? Why should this be the most important thing about you?
- As a group, define the words “holy” and “sovereign.”
- Read 1 Peter 1:16. How important is holiness to you? How much thought, attention, and effort do you devote to the pursuit of holiness?
- How can you be intentional about putting away everything that is displeasing to God and pursue living a holy life? What do you think that kind of pursuit might look like? What might be involved in such a pursuit?
- Read Isaiah 6:5. What makes you come undone like Isaiah? How can you stay in that place of desperation for God?
- Read Isaiah 6:5 focusing on, “I am a man of unclean lips.” In what ways do we excuse and explain away sin?
- In your notes, review, “Three People Sitting in Your Seat Right Now.” Is the you that others see the real you… the you that God sees? Why or why not? What’s scary about showing others the real you?
- What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? What is showing you about God and yourself?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
If you have a group of men and women, separate for prayer time. If all men or women, separate into groups of 2–3. Spend time being the “real you” asking for prayer and accountability in order to pursue God and holiness.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.