In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
- NOW & LATER
- What About When You’ve Blown It?
- Ten Principles I’ve Lived By as a Parent
- The Mission
- The Best Gift
- 2020: How will you pray?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- Alert and Aware
- Your Greatest Encourager
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- The Power of One
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- The Battle That Rages
- Unshakable Character
- When Adversity Meets God
- Your Life… After Death
Stand-Alone Sermons (57)
Sunday, May 03, 2020
When everyone around them bowed on command, only three young men stood standing. It wasn’t just an act of youthful disobedience… and it wasn’t a form of political protest. These three remained standing because they refused to disobey God. And even when faced with a fiery death, these three young men had one thing that never wavered… Unshakable Character.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Exhibiting godly character that produces: courage, commitment, confidence, and conviction.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Do you read the Bible:
- A. Not just as something God has said, but is saying.
- B. Not just something He has done, but is doing.
- C. Not just how He wanted His people to live then, but to live now?
- Read Romans 14:12. A man or woman has to live and give an account for how they live. Do you live with the reality of giving an account to God for how you live since being saved? Why or why not? How can this truth impact and change our daily life?
- Read Exodus 20:3. Humanism dethrones God and enthrones man. What fights to dethrone God in your life?
- Share about a time you displayed courage for Jesus despite your feelings, circumstances, and consequences.
- What are examples of “fine print” that we/you put into your relationship with Jesus?
- Read Daniel 3:17–18. When it comes to confidence and conviction, how can we/you begin to possess a “but if not” faith?
- Do you see Jesus in the fiery trials of your life? Share about a time when God has refined you through a struggle or a trial. What did God teach you?
Prayer or Action Step
Take the next seven days to pray specifically for doctors, nurses, caretakers and first responders. Ask God to give them strength, wisdom, and safety.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.