In This Series
What is YOUR God like? (5)
Sunday, November 04, 2018
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Take Away / Application
Giving our lives to God, who…
- Transcends time and thought
- Has always existed and always will
- Possesses unlimited power and uncompromising integrity
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Have you ever tried to prove or disprove God? Do you know of someone who has? What was the outcome of that investigation?
- The Bible writers never tried to prove God existed only present Him. Does this approach differ from how you interact with non-christians? How can this approach be freeing in sharing God with others?
- Read Genesis 1:1. This verse is the foundation for the rest of the Bible. Are there any areas or things in the Bible you have a hard time believing as truth?
- If you do believe everything in the Bible is true, does your life reflect this? What areas do you struggle the most in living out the truths of the Bible?
- In what ways do we/you reduce God? When we reduce God something else get’s elevated and takes His position, power or authority. Discuss how this plays out in your life and any areas that you need to change?
- Read Revelation 4:11 and Psalm 150:6. God wants us to use all that we have for Him, however, today, just focus on one area in your life. What is one thing you can begin to use for God’s pleasure and praise this week? (House, talent, time, finances, etc.)
- What does it mean to you to know that God has created you AND bought you back through Jesus?
- Read Isaiah 43:1–3. Personalize these verse by inserting your name into them.