In This Series
Purchased… Promised… Sealed. (3)
Sunday, January 16, 2022
If we’re honest, most of us have had times where we question… even doubt… our salvation. But the thing about our salvation is it’s not based on our feelings. It’s based on the truths in God’s Word. And the truth about eternal security is it has nothing to do with us and everything to do with our God. Want a grasp on eternal security? First step, start with “Understanding God”.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Do you (or have you ever) wrestle with eternal security? If so, what did you hear today that will help you going forward?
- We all have the ability to believe or not believe in the divinity of scripture and that Jesus was God’s son. However, we have all been called to be saved (Jude 1:1). How have you experienced His calling in your life? How did that calling lead you to salvation?
- Read and discuss Romans 8:37–39, which discusses how nothing can keep us from the love of God. Has there ever been a time in your life where you struggled to believe this Truth? How did you overcome your doubts?
- Pastor mentioned multiple ways that God’s love is different from our own (immeasurable, immutable, immortal). Does this knowledge change the way you view God’s supernatural love compared to our own flawed love?
- Pastor Harrell shared a story about walking across the street with his dad when he was little. His dad held his hand and said, “As long as I have a grip on you, you’ll never get away from me!” How does this very practical example help us better understand God’s love for us and how our eternal security is in God’s hands and not our own?
- Pastor said, “Eternal security isn’t a license to sin, but a motivation for devotion.” Love so amazing (from God) calls us to a greater love for Him and for others. How did you see that love change in your own heart after you accepted Christ?
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week? How can you apply your learnings?
- How can your life group be praying for you this week?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.