In This Series
- ALL IN
- Why, God?
- Whatever It Takes
- Transgender Movement – How should we respond?
- What Is Happening To Our Nation?
- The Other Side
- Trusting Our Melchizedekian Priest
- Only The Thirsty Will Drink
- Lost & Found
- The Greatest Investment
- When You’re Tempted to Worry
- The Heart of Christ
- Living On Mission
- When You Don’t Know What to Pray
- God at Work
- What If?
- The Heart of A Servant
- Christmas Morning
- Intentional Gifts
- Only Jesus
- Obedience... No Matter What
- Do this in remembrance of Me
- The Most Strategic Years
- When Jesus Said “You Must!”
- When God Says “Go”
- How Big Is Your God?
- Developing a God-Given Burden for the Lost
- Preparing Today for the Judgement Seat
- Do this in remembrance of Me
- When God Says “No”
- Each One… Reach One
- God With Us
- Finding Freedom
- Building a Legacy
- God Wants to Use YOU, Part 2
- God Wants to Use YOU
- One Woman’s Memorial
- A Tragic Ending
- An Indispensable Ingredient
- “They” Crucified Him
- Am I Willing?
- Another Touch
- Seven Days a Week
- Be Aware... and Prepared
- Do This in Remembrance of ME
- Boasting Permitted
- Living Intentionally
- The War of Wants
- A Goal for 2022
- Why the Virgin Birth Matters
- Take the Opportunity
- How Does God Forgive Sin?
- America…Have We Forgotten?
- What Defines a Great Church?
- The Three Chairs
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (57)
Sunday, August 20, 2023
Transgender Movement – How should we respond?
It’s on the news… it’s in stores… it’s being addressed in our schools. The Transgender Movement is becoming more and more loud and visible.
But it’s so much bigger than just an issue of gender. There’s a spiritual battle being fought over men and women, boys and girls… people who were created in the image of God.
For those who know Jesus as their Savior, it’s not just a political issue. It’s not just a matter of opinion. We have the Answer… and how we respond to those around us who need Jesus matters.
The world is watching.Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- “Love does not require approval. Love does not require affirmation. Loving people means seeking what is best for them and that means standing in the way of behaviors that will hurt them and hurt others.” Based on this quote from Pastor Harrell, how has the definition of love been twisted and distorted in our current day and age? How do you think we have gotten here, and what can we do about it?
- We, as believers, know that God made man in His image and that He made men and women purposefully distinct from one another. How can being created in God’s image bring security for people struggling with their identity? How can you encourage others in Christ by knowing this truth? Spend some time with your group researching verses that speak into and address the transgender topic specifically. Don’t leave out Deuteronomy 22:5.
- Thomas Sowell said, “When you want to help people you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself you tell them what they want to hear.” Read 2 Timothy 4:3–5. How does this quote and these verses correlate? What do these verses direct us to do as believers?
- Spiritually speaking, the world is pitch dark, and Jesus is the light. We need to be equally full of grace and full of truth, giving a defense with gentleness and respect. Read 1 Peter 3:15 and brainstorm with your life group potential ways to discuss the transgender topic in today’s climate.
- Read 2 Thessalonians 2:9–11 and 1 Timothy 4:1. Satan is preparing our culture to readily accept the antichrist. The transgenderism movement is one of many intentional attacks being brought upon us, and our children specifically. In what other ways has Satan been attacking God’s original and perfect designs that were set out from the beginning?
- Charles Spurgeon said that in order to be winners of souls, we must first be weepers of souls. What does this mean, and how can you apply it in your life?
- Pastor Harrell provided four specific ways to be a light in this dark world. Take a look at this list and determine what you can improve upon to better shine for Him.
- Live a godly life and be attractive.
- Have a spiritually healthy home.
- Don’t surrender to the culture.
- Have a heart that genuinely cares for people and be merciful to those who doubt.
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week? What has God been revealing to you through your quiet time with Him?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you pray for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.