In This Series
- THE, Part 2
- THE, Part 1
- HE ROSE...YOU CHOSE!
- When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (37)
Sunday, June 28, 2020
Trained By Grace
What do we crave the most when our guilt is exposed? What do we hold back when confronted with the guilt of others? It’s only one thing, grace! But did you know grace teaches and trains us? How it trains us makes all the difference in our lives and those around us.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
The grace of God that saves is the grace that trains us:
- How not to live.
- How to live.
- What to prepare for.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Share about a time when someone extended grace to you. How did this make you feel?
- Have you found yourself in a situation where it was difficult to extend grace? Share. Why is it hard for us to extend the very thing we desire most?
- Read Titus 2:11. How can focusing on God’s grace toward you in Christ, help you in extending grace toward others?
- Read Titus 2:12. How has God’s grace empowered you to live in self-discipline and purpose, instead of focusing on your interests and appetites?
- Has the Lord brought anything to your attention that you need to be done with? Is there something the Lord has brought to your attention that you need to start doing? How can your group help either of these?
- Read Titus 2:13. How does living in anticipation of Christ’s return affect the way you live today?
- Read Titus 2:14. What does it take for someone to be “zealous for good works?” What good works has the Lord brought to your attention recently? What will you do about them?
Prayer or Action Step
Please pray… that the world will see a difference in you, because of Jesus, so that you can make a difference in the world for Jesus.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.