Sunday, December 08, 2019
Take Away / Application
You have enough time to do everything God wants you to do.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What impacted you most from the message?
- Do you consider how you live your day-in, day-out life, or do you just go about your business without ever giving it much thought?
- What things tend to pull you toward “normal”? What distracts you from making the most of the opportunities given to you?
- Read Ephesians 5:15–16. How are we to live? What does Colossians 4:5–6 tell us about living in this way?
- Read Psalm 14:1, Isaiah 32:6. What is the attitude of those who are “unwise”?
- Read 1 John 5:19, James 4:4, John 12:31, 14:30. How do these verses help you understand what “the days are evil” means?
- Most of us see evil days as obstacles, as times of withdrawal and defeat. The wise Christian knows how to take advantage of evil times in order to advance the agenda of God’s kingdom. Discuss.
- To redeem the time, what needs to be pruned in your life? What parameters or priorities need to be set?
- What does sitting at the feet of Jesus look like for you? Is anything getting in the way of that time with Jesus?