In This Series
- The Greatest Joy
- The Slow Fade
- The Danger Within, Part 2
- The Danger Within, Part 1
- The Truth about Marriage
The Battle Is Raging (5)
Sunday, July 25, 2021
The Truth about Marriage
The very first institution God established was the family. Our home life matters to God. And what God places a priority on, Satan is determined to claim for himself. Every day we’re waking up in a war zone and the battleground is right in our homes. God wants your marriage and your kids. Satan wants your marriage and your kids. We can’t afford to play nice. We’ve got to face reality. We’re in a battle. It’s a battle for your family, and “The Battle Is Raging.”Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
When it comes to marriage, it’s only God’s opinion that counts.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- This series is based on the belief that there’s absolute truth. Do you believe in absolute truth? Explain? If, yes, what is your source for absolute truth?
- In what ways do people pick and choose from God’s Word as the source for absolute truth? Have you, or are you, picking and choosing from God’s Word to suit what truth works for you? Why is this a dangerous thing to do?
- What example of marriage has been modeled for you? (i.e. Christian home, non-Christian home, divorce, single parent, etc.) How has this impacted your view of marriage?
- If you’re not married, too many times we focus on finding the right person instead of becoming the right person. Biblically speaking, what does it look like to take steps in becoming the person God wants us to be? Is there counsel to seek from other group members on this?
- Read [Genesis 2:18–25](https://my.bible.com/bible/114/GEN.2.18-25) and [Ephesians 5:22–31](https://my.bible.com/bible/114/EPH.5.22-31). How is God’s definition of marriage and the specific role of the husband and wife different than the world’s? Does your definition of these things line up with God’s or the world’s?
- If married… How do you protect your marriage? How often do you consider your marriage under attack? Is there anything you need to ask for help within your marriage?
- Regardless of your marital status, in order to grow closer to Jesus, is there anything you need to quit doing, keep doing, or start doing?
- How do you lovingly, but Biblically, talk to someone about God’s design for marriage as being between one man and one woman? If met with anger and accusations of being hateful and unloving, how do you respond?
- What have you learned from your personal time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.