In This Series
- The Greatest Joy
- The Slow Fade
- The Danger Within, Part 2
- The Danger Within, Part 1
- The Truth about Marriage
The Battle Is Raging (5)
Sunday, August 15, 2021
The Slow Fade
We don’t say “I do” planning to one day destroy our family. But the reality is, in today’s world it happens all the time. And as Christians, we aren’t exempt. The devil is out to ruin your marriage, and in this area, he’s subtle and he’s crafty. It’s why we have to be on guard against “The Slow Fade.”Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Understand the truth about sexual immorality and put proactive measures in place to experience victory over it.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Do you define sexual immorality the same way God does? As a group, put together a working biblical definition of sexual immorality to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Read 1 Thessalonians 4:3, 1 Corinthians 6:18, and Galatians 5:17–19.
- In what ways has culture redefined sexual immorality compared to God’s Word and standards?
- Read Hebrews 13:4. What’s the difference between adultery and fornication? How does one go about keeping the marriage bed pure or undefiled?
- In your notes, we talked about “Proactive Measures to Avoid Sexual Immorality”, which of these is most helpful for you? Which of these is most challenging?
- Read Proverbs 13:20 and 1 Corinthians 15:33. How do those around us influence what we see, hear and, do? Is there anyone in your life leading down a path that’s contrary to God’s standards in this area of sexual purity?
- Read 1 Corinthians 10:12. Go through practical ways in how to minimize the opportunity to stumble and fall into sexual impurity.
- Two key ways we invest in our relationship with the Lord are through our time in the Bible and prayer. Making these a daily priority is so important and valuable.
- If married, discuss as a couple how you will make the grass SO green in your household that everyone else’s yard looks brown?
- If you’ve fallen or currently struggling in this area… it’s time to repent, get back up, get back on the road to purity as God intends. Reach out to a trusted person in your group who will pray with you and support you.
- Share something from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.