In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
Stand-Alone Sermons (32)
Sunday, January 06, 2019
The Race of Your Life
Life is fast-paced, full of priorities, distractions, good things, great things, and difficult things. We run through life moving faster and faster looking for the latest app to make life easier for us only to find that no one can run “your race” for you.
So how do we run the race of life well? How do finish well? What’s the key to winning the race of life? In Hebrews, we find some key verses that give us the answers to these questions and more.Fill-in Notes
Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him…
Take Away / Application
The way you run and win the race of life is by focusing on Jesus.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- When you hear the phrase, “Run the race of life.”, what comes to mind?
- What is your life’s finish line? What do you consider “winning” the race of your life?
- Read Hebrews 12:1. How does the pace of life impact how you run? Are you sprinting or are you running a marathon? What negatives come from sprinting through life?
- “Lay aside every weight.” “A weight is anything that keeps me from becoming everything God wants me to be.” What has God identified to you that gets in the way of your relationship with Him?
- Look at the four questions in your notes that help identify if something is weight. Discuss and share real-life examples of good things that become bad things when they keep us from the best things.
- Read Hebrews 12:2. Jesus IS the answer to winning and finishing the race well. Is there any weight in your life that causes you to lose focus on Jesus? What do you need to lay that aside today?
- How desperately do you want to finish well? How much of your focus is on Jesus?
- Read Philippians 1:6. Was there a time Jesus had more of you than right now? Is there anything you need to look away from in order to focus on Jesus as the finisher of your faith. Is there anything in your life that could be stumbling block to reaching someone for Jesus?
Please pray for our country, our nation’s leaders and those in positions of authority.
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.