In This Series
GOD – “Who He is… and why it matters” (5)
Sunday, August 28, 2022
The Power of God
When it comes to power, “all” is the word to describe our God. He is all-powerful.
We want power, and we strive for power, but we’ll never come close to having—or even fully comprehending “The Power of God.”
His power wasn’t attained, it isn’t just a part of Him, and He doesn’t turn it on and off… God’s power is Who He is… 100% of the time.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- How did the Lord speak to you during this week’s message?
- There’s a big difference between knowing about God and truly knowing Him. Pastor mentioned that we will only genuinely know God if we yield ourselves to Him, submit to His authority, and allow His Word to govern the details of our lives. Have you fully submitted to Christ? If not, what is keeping you from doing so? If yes, what does it look like to allow Scripture to govern your life? How can you build a daily habit of doing this?
- In light of God’s omniscience, read 1 John 3:20 and Psalm 139:1 What is your reaction to this scripture? Does the fact that God knows every bit of you give you comfort or make you concerned? Why is that?
- Pastor provided examples of God’s power in scripture. He quieted the storm, cleansed the leper, cast out demons, and raised Lazarus from the dead. When you think of God’s power – what example do you think about? Has there been a personal experience where you’ve seen God’s power at work?
- Read Psalm 139:13–14. Do you believe that you are a physical miracle created by God? What lies from the enemy do you need to reject now, and what truths do you need to accept and believe?
- Read Job 38:4–12 and Job 26:14. These verses are just a slight glimpse of God’s immense power. How does this help your view of the majesty of God? How can this knowledge affect your day-to-day actions knowing the strength of the God we serve?
- What are you reading in the Bible this week, and what is God revealing to you through your quiet time with Him?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you be praying for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.