Sunday, April 18, 2021
THE, Part 2
We may love to have options for everything from food to housing, but Jesus’ words in John 14 leave no room for that. With one little word, He removes every other option. Three letters… a world of difference… THE. With one word He tells us there is no alternate plan, no room for interpretation, no other way, period. When it comes to eternity, there’s no way around Jesus’ words: “I am THE way, THE truth, and THE life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
When it comes to eternity, there is no alternate plan, no room for interpretation, no other way, period… it’s only Jesus.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Review the introductory statement in your notes. A practical definition of tolerance is, “Respecting the right to believe differently, even if you disagree.” Christians are harshly labeled as being intolerant. How do you respond to someone who labels you as being intolerant?
- Would you consider Jesus to be a tolerant or intolerant person?
- Read Thomas’ question in John 14:5. If you knew what Thomas knew at that point, do you think you would ask the same or a similar question?
- How is Jesus’ answer in verses 6–7 unique to other religions?
- What does the word “THE” mean to you in the context of John 14:6?
- Pastor Harrell said, “Stop living like this is it.” Heaven is a real place! How should having an eternal, heavenly mindset change our thoughts, words, and the way we live each day?
- Read Matthew 7:13–14 and Luke 13:22–24. Many believe Jesus’ response to be very narrow and bold. How can we explain this to the world around us in a sensitive, yet bold, approach?
- Share one thing God has impressed upon your heart from your time in the Bible this week?
- Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.