In This Series
- The One Who Finished Strong
- The One Who Was Being Groomed
- The One Who Was Restored
- The One Who Was Devoted
- The One Who Abandoned
Which One Am I? (5)
Sunday, March 04, 2018
The One Who Was Restored
2 Timothy 4:9–11
Be diligent to come to me quickly; for Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and has departed for Thessalonica—Crescens for Galatia, Titus for Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is useful to me for ministry.
Take Away / Application
God uses our homes, friends and trust in Him, to grow in our relationship with Him and reach others.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What kind of home did you grow up in? (Christian, Non-Christian, healthy, unhealthy, divorced, etc.) Share.
- Whether married, single or empty nester, what do you do, or what can you do now to make your home a godly home? Is there anything that needs to change? If change is needed, what steps do you need to take and how can your group help keep you accountable?
- Read 2 Timothy 4:9-11 and Joshua 24:14-15. Paul and Joshua are sharing their last words. What would be your last words to your family or friends about Jesus?
- How is your integrity today? Do you do what you say? What do you need to do to re-establish integrity with family, friends or co-workers?
- What decisions do you make on a daily or weekly basis that shows that you are choosing God and giving Him his rightful place in your life?
- Which friend influences you for Jesus and what makes them so influential in your life?
- What fears do you have that prevent you from living fully for Jesus?
- What fear do you need to overcome? Are you sharing this fear with those who can pray for you so that you can be more effective for God?
- Describe a time when you were courageous (no matter how big or small) and describe the results. What truth(s) do we need to remember to prevent fear from impeding us from doing Gods work?
- What do you need to share with your group today that you’ve been fearful to share for fear of being viewed in a negative light? How can we come alongside one another to help “lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,” Hebrews 12:1.