In This Series
- The One Who Finished Strong
- The One Who Was Being Groomed
- The One Who Was Restored
- The One Who Was Devoted
- The One Who Abandoned
Which One Am I? (5)
Sunday, February 25, 2018
The One Who Was Devoted
2 Timothy 4:9–11
Be diligent to come to me quickly; for Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and has departed for Thessalonica—Crescens for Galatia, Titus for Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is useful to me for ministry.
Take Away / Application
Where, in my life, do I need to exhibit loyalty, devotion, love and kindness to all.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Read Proverbs 17:17 and Proverbs 18:24. Discuss the difference between an acquaintance and a friend.
- What does the word “devoted” mean to you? Who is your most devoted friend?
Your friends influence and determine the direction of your life. How can friends move us closer to, or further away from God? (Gossip, bitterness, partying vs. Reliance on God, reading the Bible, prayer, etc.)
- “People don’t care how much you know. They want to know how much you care.” Kindness is key. What helps you in being kind to others? What hinders your kindness?
- How did Jesus show you kindness before you were a Christian?
- How does Jesus’ love and kindness for you, while you were a sinner, impact how you treat others who are not Christian?
- All of us value loyalty and devotion from others. They are signs of commitment and love that we welcome from others, yet oftentimes, the very thing we desire from others is the thing we fail to give to back to God. Discuss any personal struggles you have in keeping devoted to God. (reading the Bible, prayer, trusting God, faith…) How can your Group help?