In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
- NOW & LATER
- What About When You’ve Blown It?
- Ten Principles I’ve Lived By as a Parent
- The Mission
Stand-Alone Sermons (43)
Sunday, June 30, 2019
Take Away / Application
We are to proclaim and live out the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- When you hear the word “mission”, in regards to Jesus, what typically comes to mind?
- Read 1 Timothy 1:15, Luke 19:10 and Luke 15:7. Then read 2 Corinthians 5:20. What is an ambassador? How does being an ambassador for Jesus define for us where the mission field is?
- Carrying out the mission of reaching people for Jesus means we’re to proclaim and live the truth of the Gospel. In order to proclaim, we must build relationships and earn the right to speak. How we live validates and gives us a platform to share. Talk about some of the struggles that come with proclaiming and living the truth. How can you get better in these areas?
- Out of the three things necessary for the mission: work, broken heart, worship, which needs the most improvement in your life?
- When it comes to sharing the Gospel, do you have any fears or apprehension? Share with the group and discuss how to move past any roadblocks.
- Who, in your life, are you praying for to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior?
- What’s one service opportunity your group can participate in this Summer? Brainstorm and find a way to go love on folks in the name of Jesus.
- If you have not called on the name of the Lord to save you from your sin, what is stopping you?
Please pray for the outgoing Malawi team. Pray for their effectiveness in sharing the Gospel and carrying out the mission of Jesus Christ. They will be gone from June 30 – July 14, 2019.