In This Series
The Promise (3)
Sunday, December 23, 2018
The Manger: Do You See What I See?
Take Away / Application
Seeing Jesus, the babe in a manger, as King and as Warrior? As God in human flesh!Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- When you think of Jesus in the manger, what comes to mind first?
- Read Revelation 19:11. Do you believe Jesus’ return is real? If not why?
- Jesus is true to His promises. This is not a promise to an easy, carefree life. He does promise to never leave you, never forsake you, be with always and walk through everything in life with you. Jesus is who He says He is and will do everything He promises to do. Share how Jesus has come along side you? How does this truth change how you will deal with the next struggle that comes your way?
- Read Revelation 19:12. The finite cannot truly know the infinite. How does this statement sit with you? If you could understand everything about God, would He be worthy to worship as God? Read Isaiah 45:5–12.
- As Pastor Harrell took us from the manger to the Jesus’ return, how does seeing the bigger scope of who Jesus is, focus you in on the true significance of Christmas? How does it change your view of Christmas?
- If you believe Jesus is the Lord of Lords and King of Kings and He is coming again, how does that truth impact your life on a daily practical and relational level? How can this truth change how you live?