In This Series
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (30)
Sunday, August 16, 2020
Founder, Executive Director of The Refuge
We are all on a journey…a journey God is taking each one of us on to experience Him and allow us to join Him to make disciples!Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
God takes us on a journey to experience Him and He allows us to join Him to make disciples.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What have you learned from your personal time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
- Read Romans 8:28. How have you seen God use brokenness and pain to grow you in your faith and stimulate life change?
- Given the current climate of our world, is anything blinding you from seeing Jesus?
- Have can your position of sonship and daughterhood in Christ bring encouragement and hope to Christ-followers?
- God has placed you right where you’re at to reach those around you. It’s imperative to remain totally dependent on God and stay true to a Gospel-centered and biblical approach. How does God want to use you, in your current circumstances, to reach people for Christ?
- What fears do you have right now? Read 1 John 4:18 and Nehemiah 8:10. How are love and joy, in the Lord, an antidote for fear?
- Tom said, “How many people look like Jesus because of me? And what are their names?” Discuss.
Prayer or Action Step
Please pray for The Refuge ministry…
- The men and women recovering from addiction.
- The men and women leading and ministering to those in need.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.